Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Weekend trip at Singapore- Day 1

The trip at Singapore was a blast, the concert was worth every single cent spent. Singapore is one expensive place to visit because the price are double the Malaysian Ringgit.

Anyways...

I woke up at around 6am to pack my clothes, I didn't bother packing the night before because it was only a 2 day 1 night trip so I thought I wouldn't need much clothes. Frankly speaking, this is my first time traveling by plane all by myself, sounds kinda lame huh?
So well, I left the house at approximately 8:15am, reaching Taman Bahagia LRT Station at round 8:40am. Well, instead of asking Ean to drop me of at KLIA, I decided to take the KLIA Express train there, the only downside is, it costs me RM35.00 for just one trip.

KLIA Express train-28 minutes to KLIA for only RM35.00

But it saves time, instead of 45minutes trip to the airport by road, it only took me 28minutes to reach the airport. I took the shuttle service to Singapore, it is on first come first serve basis. I had to grab the number so I could take the 12pm flight to Singapore. By the time I got the boarding pass, I then proceed to go to the gate only to find out the darn plane is still somewhere in the sky.
The plane's in the air

Flight delayed for 15minutes ni... ok la, not that bad la. So well, reached Singapre at approximately 1:32pm. But by the time I finish the check up and everything, it's nearly 2pm. Took the cab to meet Mick and family at YMCA, Orchard Road. Nothing much done till concert, took the MRT to Orchard Road, bum around and then took the Lexus Cab to SIS-Singapore Indoor Stadium. The concert was delayed for another 10 minutes or so, but it was worth the wait. He played two of my favourite songs- Wonderful Tonight and Layla. I was hoping he would perform Tears in Heaven. But oh well, it was good. Alot of solos, the acoustic was great too. Next stop, Bangkok for him. If I can afford, I'd go again.

Before the concert

The most expensive seats, and still empty.

Eric Clapton in action, pardon the noise. I forgot to borrow the telephoto lens.

The aftermath of the concert



Eric Clapton is still the best, he still has the voice at his age. What can you expect from him, nothing but the best. I have no regrets attending the concert. After the concert, we began to walk to the Kallang MRT station, only to realise that we got lost. After that, we decided to take the bus to Orchard Road and then plan to walk back to YMCA. However , the bus dropped us directly in front of the building.

The reception

We met up with my cousin Maryanne, who spent me late late dinner. After dinner, we decided to check out her apartment. The view from her apartment is nice at night.

Cousin's apartment view from 11th floor.


We then proceed to head back to YMCA, we got lost again, retraced out steps and found our way back.

outside view from YMCA during night time.

Bath and headed for bed, was too sleepy to stay up late.

I'm sleeping in that corner (the arrow)

mick's bed

My bed

Bryan and Ian's Bed

The lovely bathroom.
End of day 1.

To be continued...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home