Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy 49th Merdeka

If you are wondering why today's entry is in colours...
1. Something went wrong with my htmls
2. Celebration mah, colourful abit!!


First and foremost, it's great to say that our country has reached it's 49th independence. That's 1 more year to 50th!!!

sadly I won't be here to experience the celebration. =(
Suzanne and I went to Ikano for the Ikano's Merdeka Celebration '06.
We had dinner at BBQ Plaza again and this time we ordered the Supreme Mix Set. Ahhh, It was superb. I've got to go there again. Then we headed to Ikano.

Suzanne and I among the crowd

By the time we were there, the whole road were packed with cars and thankfully we manage to find one parking space. We headed to the stage and Jaclyn Victor was already performing. By the time we were there, she was nearly at the end of her performance. At least I get to listen to her song "Gemilang".


"Kini gemilang itu semakin pasti ku genggam
Gemilang suara keyakinan kian dalam

Gementar harus jangan jiwaku harus bertenaga

Mungkinkah ini menjadi realiti"


After that, it was games . Then the next performance was by Anuar Zain. I think he sang 2 songs, Bila Resah and Mungkin.





"Mungkinkah bersama dua jiwa ini
Dalam mencari cinta sejati nan suci

Mungkinkah segala derita di jiwa
Akan terabat kini"


"Bila resah, Ingat saat indah
Bila rindu, Ku nyanyikan lagu mu
Sehari ku rasa bagaikan setahun

Menunggu tibanya oh bahagia"

After that, ahhh, games again by My.Fm Djs. Then it's Nicholas Teo who's turn to perform. Everyone was like gaga and mad over him. I just wanted his poster but damn he wouldn't throw it at the corner. Curse the corners!!! He sang for almost and hour. I guess he had the longest performance for that day, but I wouldn't say the best. Can't remember what he sang as well.

Nicholas waving at me (or did he?)

Pop Shuv'it doing their thang

I still prefered the last performance by none other than Pop shuvit. Just enjoyed the way they played man!! Then comes the finale where we countdown la. sing song la....

Oh yeah, by the way, you all knew there was this case where a chinese couple were hugging in public and was summoned and it also became a court case?
here's a similar incident, but with a Malay couple, talk about being in a fair country.


Come on people Sing it with me!!!



"Tanggal 31 Bulan lapan lima puluh tujuh
Merdeka ! Merdeka ! Tetaplah merdeka
Ia pasti menjadi sejarah
Tanggal 31 Bulan lapan lima puluh tujuh
Hari yang mulia
Hari bahagia
Sambut dengan jiwa yang merdeka
Mari kita seluruh warga negara
Ramai-ramai menyambut hari merdeka Merdeka !
Tiga satu bulan lapan lima puluh tujuh
Hari mulia negaraku merdeka"



The best is still the fireworks. It was simply amazing. I tried taking photos of it..hopefully can see la. Shall post the pictures for y'all to see =)






At the end of the event, I'd say around 1:30AM, guess who I met? Brian. That fellow seriously celeb kao kao la. Here's a few photos we took. I look like some fugly guy next to him man. Crap!




Manage to take one picture with Joey as well. For all you readers infomation, he's happily married. HAHAHA


Here are some videos I shot with the SE K700i.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home